LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

  1. #1
    Apprentice shaurya.malik88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    50

    Default LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Both the brands are all set to launch their new flagship models in 2013 and the new part being that Sony is also going to use the passive 3D tech in their 2013 line up models. So Does that means that lg's monopoly of using the passive tech is going to be over and would this affect their market share as well? Here is the link for both the models for their 2013 line up models.Sony UK confirms 2013 TV line-up
    LG's 2013 televisions promise natural voice search and all-LED backlights | CES 2013: Televisions - CNET Blogs
    Popular Gadget Deals

  2. #2
    Ask the man who owns one! sumit_anand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    I agree that the 2013 line up of TV models from sony are going to use passive 3D tech but it may take some time for them to make their brand presence felt as a passive 3D TV brand. As far as lg is concerned, they are the pioneer in using passive 3D tech now and thus not much will change for them. Also the LA and LN series from lg look quite promising. Also the W9 flagship model from sony looks cool as well....Let's wait and watch for their release then we would be able to get more details about them.
    Sony Xperia S:::Samsung GT3752:::Acer Aspire 4736Z:::

  3. #3
    Right Off the Assembly Line
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Quote Originally Posted by shaurya.malik88 View Post
    Both the brands are all set to launch their new flagship models in 2013 and the new part being that Sony is also going to use the passive 3D tech in their 2013 line up models. So Does that means that lg's monopoly of using the passive tech is going to be over and would this affect their market share as well? Here is the link for both the models for their 2013 line up models.Sony UK confirms 2013 TV line-up
    LG's 2013 televisions promise natural voice search and all-LED backlights | CES 2013: Televisions - CNET Blogs
    The link you have shared was quite old, I’d appreciate if anyone of you would come up with some latest news about the launch of 2013 Sony or LG TV lineups.

  4. #4
    Apprentice Ankit Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Quote Originally Posted by sumit_anand View Post
    I agree that the 2013 line up of TV models from sony are going to use passive 3D tech but it may take some time for them to make their brand presence felt as a passive 3D TV brand. As far as lg is concerned, they are the pioneer in using passive 3D tech now and thus not much will change for them. Also the LA and LN series from lg look quite promising. Also the W9 flagship model from sony looks cool as well....Let's wait and watch for their release then we would be able to get more details about them.
    Well I believe that the decision of switching to passive 3d technology for their future smart 3D TVs was quite tough for a well known brand like Sony who is considered a rival of LG. But now if they have decided to come up with passive 3d tech and will definitely launch their passive ready models in the near future so they won’t take much time to be known as a passive 3d TV maker. Since passive technology itself considered as most reliable and trusted 3d tech in the market and Sony has their own position in the global market so by mixing them together people will easily accept this change and will get used to with it very soon.

  5. #5
    Explorer aroraanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Aligarh>>>Delhi
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Any news about Samsung?
    I want to know what Samsung is coming with this year in TV segment, very eager to know.
    [B]HTC One | Macbook Pro 13" | [URL="http://www.sony.co.in/product/ht-m5"]Sony Component System HT-M5[/URL]
    [/B]

  6. #6
    Apprentice Jitendra Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Sony is adopting passive tech in its 3D! This is really a big news for tv tech and a sound reply to passive technology critics.

  7. #7
    Right Off the Assembly Line
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    LG 2013 line up of TV models has released with some good advanced features but their global shipping is short of order. On the other hand, all the latest 2013 models of sony are build from the same geometric designs.

  8. #8
    Apprentice shaurya.malik88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    I don't have any idea about the samsung line up of models for 2013. I just know about their 85" ultra hdtv that was launched at the ces..as far as my knowledge is concerned, I think that lg and sony were the only two brands made announcements about their 2013 line up models...@utsav Bhandari: I found a new link about the Lg 2013 line up models, hope this will help you LCDTVBuyingGuide.com Highlights LG LED TV Lineup for 2013 with Initial Reviews, Specs, and... -- ATLANTA, March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ --

  9. #9
    Apprentice Lalit Kishore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jitendra Singh View Post
    Sony is adopting passive tech in its 3D! This is really a big news for tv tech and a sound reply to passive technology critics.
    Talk about hitting a bull's eye! I personally thought Sony would be too stubborn to adopt passive 3D but I guess I was wrong. Let's see if Samsung stays as the lone active 3D ranger or if they also tread the passive 3D path..

  10. #10
    as Sam Fisher rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ThinkDigit Forum
    Posts
    3,361

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jitendra Singh View Post
    Sony is adopting passive tech in its 3D! This is really a big news for tv tech and a sound reply to passive technology critics.
    which model?
    Google Nexus 4 16GB running 4.4 KitKat with noise isolated SoundMAGIC PL11
    Nikon D5100 DSLR with 18-55mm VR Kit Lens
    hp pavilion dv6-6165tx powered by Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz-3.0GHz | Radeon HD 6770M 2GB GDDR5 | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | 1TB WD Blue HDD | 1TB USB 3.0 Seagate Backup Plus | Edifier M3200 2.1 Surround Sound

  11. #11
    Human Spambot randomuser111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,405

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    which model?
    Sony Bravia KDL -42W802A, 47W802A, 55W802A.

    Only 2 3D models for India this year from Sony. 1 is Active - Flagship W900A with Quantum Dot Triluminos LED and W802A with Passive 3D.

    Quote Originally Posted by aroraanant View Post
    Any news about Samsung?
    I want to know what Samsung is coming with this year in TV segment, very eager to know.
    No Passive from Samsung. Only Active 3D. They basically rehashed the 2012 models with some minor improvements. Nothing major.

  12. #12
    as Sam Fisher rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ThinkDigit Forum
    Posts
    3,361

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomuser111 View Post
    Sony Bravia KDL -42W802A, 47W802A, 55W802A.

    Only 2 3D models for India this year from Sony. 1 is Active - Flagship W900A with Quantum Dot Triluminos LED and W802A with Passive 3D.



    No Passive from Samsung. Only Active 3D. They basically rehashed the 2012 models with some minor improvements. Nothing major.
    Good step by Sony. But design base of W802 is quite awkward. Any idea about the pricing of 42" model?
    Last edited by rider; 15-03-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    Google Nexus 4 16GB running 4.4 KitKat with noise isolated SoundMAGIC PL11
    Nikon D5100 DSLR with 18-55mm VR Kit Lens
    hp pavilion dv6-6165tx powered by Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz-3.0GHz | Radeon HD 6770M 2GB GDDR5 | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | 1TB WD Blue HDD | 1TB USB 3.0 Seagate Backup Plus | Edifier M3200 2.1 Surround Sound

  13. #13
    Human Spambot randomuser111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,405

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    ^

    Around 80- 85k.

  14. #14
    TV Expert Sam22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomuser111 View Post
    ^

    Around 80- 85k.
    Are you sure about the pricing thing as I haven't seen the pricing details neither from lg and Sony for their 2013 line up models..can you plz give us some link if you have..
    [B]Sony Xperia S, Dell Inspiron 15R, HCL ME 74.[/B]

  15. #15
    Apprentice Lalit Kishore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomuser111 View Post
    Sony Bravia KDL -42W802A, 47W802A, 55W802A.

    Only 2 3D models for India this year from Sony. 1 is Active - Flagship W900A with Quantum Dot Triluminos LED and W802A with Passive 3D.



    No Passive from Samsung. Only Active 3D. They basically rehashed the 2012 models with some minor improvements. Nothing major.

    Now even I am curious. There's a lot of info about LG's 2013 3D TV lineup on the web but couldn't find any for Sony. Any links you would like to share??

  16. #16
    Human Spambot randomuser111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,405

    Default Re: LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Close