Results 1 to 5 of 5
15-03-2006, 08:46 AM #1
ATTENTION : WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL 64-BIT EDITION QUERIES!
I need ur help! I'm currently d/l ing Windows XP Professional 64-bit edition 180 days trial from Microsoft site. I hv some quesries regarding to it, so pls give ur valuable answers
1.) Its a 180 days trial, i.e., it'll stop working after 180 days, but what will happen if I uninstall the windows before 180 days trial period and then again install it? Will it again work for 180 days?
2.) Since its 64-bit edition, will it support SP2 of normal XP? I mean should I install SP2?
3.) WIll all other updates after SP2 (40 approx.) of normal XP work for this 64-bit edition? If not then can nebody tell me how many updates r available for 64-bit edition?
4.) Will all my 32 bit s/w work on this 64-bit XP edition? Or they will give ne problem? Will installing 64-bit s/w increase the preformance of the system?
5.) I read somewhere in the forum, that there is a site which contains all the links for s/w, which provide 64-bit edition of their products! Can neone post the link here? Currently I'm using following s/w:
15-03-2006, 10:16 PM #2
1) I haven't tries it out. But i guess the product key they give is time oriented. IE , it will not help u activate unless u change the system time. Sometimes even if u change the sys time , it wudn't re install. I dont know whether this is true. Maybe
2) U have no need to install sp2. It comes pre installed with necessary updates. Also it has no sp yet. U got ot d'load off the winupdate site NO NEED TO INSTALL SP2
3)x86 versions of update will not work with x64. For x64 edition, there are abt 25 updates after the edition i have. Don't know abt ups.Use ms win updates to find them . USE WINDOWS UPDATE FOR X64 UPDATES.
4)ABT 20-30 OF SW DONT WORK.Search "windows x64 compatibility" on google for more
5) Just visit the products website. I dont think avg has 64 support. USE AVAST. Everything except tuneup and avg works.
15-03-2006, 10:39 PM #3
1) You can install it as many times as u like because till date i had reinstalled it at least 6 times.
2) No need to install SP2 it contains all the fetures of SP2.
3)The version u are downloading will have nearly all the recent updates. U can use autopatacher(for 64 bit) and win update is also there.
4)U can nearly use all the 32 bit softwares. U will not be able to use 16 bit softwares and any 32 bit software having a 16 bit installer. And using x64 softwares will definetly increase the performance.
5) Most of them support x64 windows even ANG does but I will suggest to go with Avast. And I don't know about TuneUp Utilities.AMD Athlon64 2800+|ASUS K8N-VM|2GB DDR400|Corsair VX450|Seagate ST3500320AS|Samsung SV0411N|LG 22xDVDRW|LG 700S|APC ES500|Altec Lancing AVS300|Logitech MX3200|Logitech QuickCam Connect|Philips SHM6105
15-03-2006, 10:41 PM #4
1) Yes it will work for 180 days again if u format your PC.
2) The download is pre-loaded with SP1, service packs are different for 32 bit and 64 bit.
4) No, not all software will work on the 64 bit system. This is the major problem area with 64 bit. Also make sure you have all your drivers (in 64 bit) ready before you install 64 bit.
5) Visit http://www.planetamd64.comWhenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain
16-03-2006, 01:18 AM #5
thnx a lot guys! I really appreciate it
By 47shailesh in forum Technology NewsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-03-2007, 04:30 PM
By Vishal Gupta in forum Technology NewsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-12-2006, 06:50 PM
By Vishal Gupta in forum QnA (read only)Replies: 15Last Post: 29-06-2006, 05:00 PM
By kumarn_2004 in forum Software Q&AReplies: 15Last Post: 08-04-2005, 10:47 PM
By mohit in forum Software Q&AReplies: 2Last Post: 16-03-2005, 11:16 PM