1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: HTPC/Playing games like Far Cry 2, Crysis 1, BF2 at High settings, 720p resolution
Playing racing Games like Dirt 3 on Medium settings, 1080p
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Over all budget 17.5K, MAX 18K.
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Heard AMD Trinity are overclockable so yeah maybe in a year or two.
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have my 320GB+500GB Ext. HDD and an Internal 500GB HDD
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Nope, no monitor, wil use my Dell 17 inch for a while, then connect it to my TV when I get one
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD, DVD ROM, Monitor, Speakers
8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Jan 4th week.
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chandigarh. Asked my Local assembler to arrange parts, if he can't get the ones I want he will get it from FK or some other Website.
11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I NEED this PC to last a while. By while I mean 5 Years. I know my HDD may give out, but that (and I may get a BDROM if prices fall) will be the only thing Ill be changing for the next 4-5 years. I need a mother board which has GOOD BUILD QUALITY, and I want all Parts to have a good AFTER SALES SERVICE in my region. I live in CHD so I guess that wont be a problem.
Please note: In a day or 2 my local assembler will tell me the prices of the components and Ill list them here ASAP
Here is my planned rig:
Processor: AMD A10 5800K/5700
Mother Board: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS/ASUS A55 alternatives/MSI FM2 A55 E33
RAM: Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair CX430/Cooler Master Thunder 450/CoolerMaster GX450
PC Case: A Mini Tower with MicroATX mobo support. Shortlisted Cooler Master Elite 361
These are the things I want to buy! Please help me decide which of the 3 Motherboards should I go for and Which PSU.
I know most people will tell me to go ahead with Corsair but Ive been hearing LOTS of DOA and Smoked in less than 8 month User Reviews. Worried about that!
So let me know if the CM ones Ive listed are good or not, If they are and my dealer quotes a higher than 2.7K price for em Ill go with the Corsair.
About the motherboard, PLS I REPEAT I WANT THE ONE WITH BEST BUILD QUALITY.
And I would really like HDMI too, but only the MSI one has it. :'(
But I guess a DVI to HDMI converter will do the job WITHOUT and loss in quality right?
Thanks in Advance!