Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: First Post
20-08-2012, 08:09 PM #1
This is my first post here (i've been a regular reader of digit though since 2007).
here's my query :
My current rig's configuration follows :
C2D E7200 2.53 Ghz
Sapphire Radeon 5670 512 MB DDR5
2GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Asus P5NMX (nvidia 610i) Mobo
Seagate 250 Gb HDD
Viewsonic VX1940 (1680X1050) LCD
Zebronics Bijli with built in 450 Watt PSU
Now, i'm selling the above stuff to shop for 13k except for GPU.
Please suggest me new hardware with a budget of 20K including monitor/case(i want something stylish this time as the bijli didnt live upto my expectations even after installing few extra fans, i like the i-ball Work horse)/psu.
Also it'll be great if the mobo has a PCIEX16 2.1 as the card needs it.
for processor i looked at i3 2100/FX4100/Phenom X4 55 but i think the budget wont allow so i think i3 540 is the last option as i dont want to go for Pentium G's.
20-08-2012, 08:41 PM #2
Re: First Post
Before suggesting things people would like to know a little about your requirements and preferences. For that, fill up and post in the following format.
Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRSTSpoiler:
* Looking to purchase Noctua NH-U12P SE2 :(
21-08-2012, 02:47 PM #3
Re: First Post
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
80% gaming [60% FPS / 20% Racing / 20% others]
I play deus EX, crysis series, far cry 2,Metro 2033,hot pursuit 2010,burnout paradise,Just cause 2, on my current rig I'm also looking foreword to Crysis 3, Metro Last Light and far cry 3.
Importantly Millions of flash games which are more valuable to my little sister than rest of the stuff on the HDD.
My Current Rig was unable to run GTA IV, Black Ops, Dirt 3 properly (The processor usage was 100% and then it crashed).
20% usual stuff
Adobe Photoshop,Flash,Dreamweaver,BB flashback,HD movies.
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
20 K without GPU , i'll be keeping my 5670 with me.
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yeah, when i'll find a game that demands it.I overclocked the present one to 3Ghz when i faced problems with GTA 4, but it didnt helped.
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 ultimate/ Fedora / Ubuntu (inside windows -WUBI).
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB will do.
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
I'm ready to go for a 17" Monitor if the money saved here will get me a more powerful config.
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Yes the GPU-5670 DDR5 512 MB
8. When are you planning to buy the system?
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Yes, All my PC's i have bought after my first PC (it had a cyrix poccy ) were assembled by me.
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Pune,Maharashtra - India
11. Anything else which you would like to say?
No. Thanks for the interview