samsung galaxy s3 battery drain and charging issue

Thread: samsung galaxy s3 battery drain and charging issue

Default samsung galaxy s3 battery drain and charging issue

i bought my samsung galaxy s3 6 months ago. it was working fine till now.
    four days back i plugged my phone to stock charger when it was at 4% and when i woke up after 10 hrs it was just 20%. THERE was no power outage and the red LED was always on. and while charging if i used phone battery would drain. so just to check if my charger was working fine i charged my friend's phone it worked fine. my brother gave me spare battery and charger. when i charge with new battery and charger the phone charges quickly only when the mobile data is turned off and f mobile data is turned on it takes forever. also now when i use simple apps like whatsapp for chatting i can practically see battery drain at rate of 1% per 2-3 min. ( i had ice cream sandwitch os
    and after update it was jb 4.1.2 but even after update it has been working fine till four days back) i tried removing battery and putting it in, restarting it and even tried factory reset but in vain. plz help
    Popular Gadget Deals

Default Re: samsung galaxy s3 battery drain and charging issue

Even I own an an S3 I all so used to experience the slow charging but not battery drain there is a fix for slow charging my it takes forevever to charge at first now its gone by just changing the USB cable I took my old nokia's USB cable and attached to the charger now its charging hell fast.Changing the cable does the trick BTW im on 4.1.1
    I did not experience any battery issue so far but you can save a very good percentage of the battery by just changing the mobile network mode to GSM if your not on Mobile data and switch off mobile data when not in use.
    [SPOILER][B]Gaming RiG comin sooooon..|Acer Aspire 4730z|PSP 3004PB|PSP 3004 GT5 BLACK EDITION|Samsung Galaxy S III 16 GB|Samsung LB530[/B]|[/SPOILER]

Banned

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2112811

Note 2 and S3 are having same problem!

Broken In

Quote Originally Posted by pritamk View Post
    i tried removing battery and putting it in, restarting it and even tried factory reset but in vain. plz help
    Now its right time to head towards service center.

Quote Originally Posted by dixit8611 View Post
    Now its right time to head towards service center.
    yes I gave my phone to samsung service centre, explained the guy there my problem. today I got my phone back. he said fault lied with usb port. now the issue of charging is resolved. but the issue of battery drain remains. I couldnt check it at service centre as it was late and the guy said use it for a day and check if phone works. while using I checked the battery details and history. my battery details show the screen is consuming high percentage of battery (about 40 -50%). my display settings are moderate.

Banned

Lol, just wait till the problem comes back

Quote Originally Posted by ithehappy View Post
    Lol, just wait till the problem comes back
    Why are you so ANTI Samsung ?
    You own such a wonderful smartphone and your not happy with it,there is some problem with you
    [SPOILER][B]Gaming RiG comin sooooon..|Acer Aspire 4730z|PSP 3004PB|PSP 3004 GT5 BLACK EDITION|Samsung Galaxy S III 16 GB|Samsung LB530[/B]|[/SPOILER]

Banned

Lol, you didn't get the point

I had similar problem with my S3. After several visits to service center and online search, I sold it for 2k loss and got iphone 5. My friend did the same with his Note 2. I was using ICS.

Alongwith problems similar to yours, I had call drop issues as well.
    [URL]http://www.speedtest.net/android/266839953.png[/URL]
    MBP 13.3"; Apple TV (3rd Gen); iPhone 5;
    PC: Core i-5 2400, Intel H67, GSkill 4GB DDR3, Sapphire 6850 Toxic, 1TB HDD, Samsung P2370
    Steam (Cod-MW2 only) - akshay81

when i went to sleep last night my phone was 95% charged. when i woke up after 7 hrs it was 88 %. NO CALL was made, no internet usage, no wi fi. is it okay?
    also yesterday i used my phone to watch a 40 min episode of tv series. at that time the charge dropped from 70 to 60% . when i use the phone for chatting or browsing drain seems faster. i have 3g and use it in 3g area only. what can be the problem? i m going to take my phone to service centre again but i would like to know the problem so that i can explain the guy there. otherwise he would just reset the phone and give me back
    also is there a chance of phone being replaced by samsung?

Looks like you people didnt get the update pushed by samsung for s3. I got mine it is just 28mb update but it has certainly increased my battery life for about 1.5hr xtra on my normal usage. Eralier it was about 9 to 10 hr on single charge now I am getting about 11hr+ battery life for the past 5 days.

Screenshot_2013-04-09-15-53-44.pngScreenshot_2013-04-09-15-54-18 (1).pngScreenshot_2013-04-09-15-54-24.jpg
    These are the screenshots of battery history
    the steep curves are the time when i used the kindle reader. battery consumption by it is very low but by screen is very high. brightness was about 30%. i didn't play any high end games or watched any HD videos. Just few minutes of whatsapp and 2-3 calls . thats it. GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, tethering and evrything was off.
    Is it normal. earlier i didnt have this problem