LG Optimus One or Dell XCD35

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG Optimus One or Dell XCD35

Right Off the Assembly Line

Smile LG Optimus One or Dell XCD35

Hey guys, I am really confused between Optimus One and Dell xcd35 as I am getting the xcd35 at about the same price as Optimus one through one of my friends.

I know that xcd35 has a really great screen, and else all specs is nearly same as Optimus one. Xcd35 has a smaller battery and has 256mb ram(can be unlocked to 512mb). I also need to know if xcd35 has the Adreno200 gpu that is present in the Optimus one.

Please suggest which of these two is a better phone, if available at the same price.

Thanks.
    Popular Gadget Deals

Don
    Right Off the Assembly Line Don's Avatar

Default Re: LG Optimus One or Dell XCD35

Go for LG Optimus One. Dell phones are rebranded China phones so not worth using them.

But I getting am a mobile with same specs and a much greater screen at the same price, so isn't it worth to look into it. Also, I know it is manufactured by ZTE, but does not have any manufacturing defects, so it doesn't matter if its Chinese or any other.

Don

if you have no problems it being china phone, its a great deal. Hope that the phone won't cat like other china phones after purchase.

Alpha Geek

Hey, being an O1 owner, I would say go for the Dell XCD35 if you dont mind the battery .. Because the screen resolution is just stunning (not just at that price ... at any price, that resolution can be considered as brilliant) .... it would make reading text so much easier ...

On a side note, the games would struggle a bit as the processor and GPU (similar to O1) would be forced to render at much higher resolutions ... so demanding games might not work great ...

And I dont think you should worry about it being made in china ... practically everything is made there ... and this is not rebranded by dell .. dell has subcontracted the building of the phone to a chinese manufacturer (more like how apple does with the iphone) .. you will be backed by Dell's warranty and customer support ... Everybody knows how good that is ...
    Acer Aspire 5536
    X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, ATI HD 3200

LG O1 ([B]CM7 beta6.5[/B]), PSP-Go 6.20 (TN-A Hen)

LG o1 owner ?... update ur details[URL="https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amc7b7gXzdhodFVVdnFZWlh5WmE5R0gtazJRUHRJbEE&hl=en_US#gid=0"]here[/URL]

are you sure that the xcd 35 has the same gpu as optimus one?

Also, do the custom roms available for the orange san francisco work on xcd 35?

sam
    Forum Moderator

ZTE Blade specs
    LG P500 specs

compare their chipset.

Alpha Geek

Quote Originally Posted by makjack View Post
    are you sure that the xcd 35 has the same gpu as optimus one?

Also, do the custom roms available for the orange san francisco work on xcd 35?
    Both use Qualcomm MSM7227 ... So yes, they should be identical ...

Orange SF roms might not work ... but dont worry, the ROMs will start coming in ... When I bought the O1, there were only Megatron, Void and Prime ... Now there are some 4 more ... so ROMs will come in once the device gets popular ... else you can always cook your own ROM
    Acer Aspire 5536

LG o1 owner ?... update ur details[URL="https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amc7b7gXzdhodFVVdnFZWlh5WmE5R0gtazJRUHRJbEE&hl=en_US#gid=0"]here[/URL]

how can dell xcd 35's ram unlocked to 512 mb . Please throw light
    AMD FX4100@4.4ghz | biostar A880GZ | philips 202EL |logitech kb+m | galaxy nexus CM REMIX

sam
    Forum Moderator

ZTE Blade have 512Mb ram, so does orange SF i suppose but in Dell XCD 35, its 256Mb. either is a 256Mb fixed or the later is locked due to defects. so some XCD's ram can be unlocked.

thanks sam for useful info. So xcd 35's case is similar to phenom's dual core. Unlocking is depends on luck.
    AMD FX4100@4.4ghz | biostar A880GZ | philips 202EL |logitech kb+m | galaxy nexus CM REMIX

Alpha Geek

^ I doubt it .. more a case of 256mb fixed ... to keep costs down
    Acer Aspire 5536

Guys, I decided to go for Optimus one. I want to know if BLACK color is present in India or do we only have the BROWN/GRAY one?

sam
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kamal_saran View Post
    thanks sam for useful info. So xcd 35's case is similar to phenom's dual core. Unlocking is depends on luck.
    yes. looks to be a similar case. just no ACC here.

Quote Originally Posted by k4ce View Post
    ^ I doubt it .. more a case of 256mb fixed ... to keep costs down
    fixed for most but some are shipped with 512Mb with 256Mb locked. possible. as ZTE is an OEM, so Dell can ask them manufacture with 256Mb ram.

so unlocking is a pure luck thing.

Is there any place in Delhi where I could get a demo of Dell xcd35???

I have already used optimus one and really love the look and feel of it. Also, one of my friends said that the xcd35 feels like a cheap phone due to its build quality.

Can anybody tell me where i can get optimus one in delhi for a sub-10k price?

sam
    Forum Moderator

i don't know where but surely not in ''the mobile store''. they'll quote 11.9k. better just visit any local mobile shop & ask the price. if it retails for 10.5k or less, bargain or try some other shop.

Don

What's the current pri e of optimus one?

sam
    Forum Moderator

10-10.5k. but i got mine for 11.2k. some may take back the useless t-shirt & give 400-500 bucks extra discount.

Both r good but i think lg optimus is good in low price

Quote Originally Posted by k4ce View Post
    Hey, being an O1 owner, I would say go for the Dell XCD35 if you dont mind the battery .. Because the screen resolution is just stunning (not just at that price ... at any price, that resolution can be considered as brilliant) .... it would make reading text so much easier ...

On a side note, the games would struggle a bit as the processor and GPU (similar to O1) would be forced to render at much higher resolutions ... so demanding games might not work great ...

And I dont think you should worry about it being made in china ... practically everything is made there ... and this is not rebranded by dell .. dell has subcontracted the building of the phone to a chinese manufacturer (more like how apple does with the iphone) .. you will be backed by Dell's warranty and customer support ... Everybody knows how good that is ...

Hello, LG O1 owner, why are you not happy with this mobil?
    any specific reasons and so you suggsting to go for XCD35?

beause, i am aksing why that is -- i am planing to buyLG O1 soon

Gadget gyan dispenser

Would suggest go for ZTE blade if you are getting from a known source....
    but warranty would be a issue and an important one......
    Maybe u can get one with an AMOLED screen ...this combo totally outshines the O1 sans the warranty issue........

O1 ha battery issues and UI is crappy as always whereas blade gives u almost Vanilla Android

p>S:vanilla Droid over LG UI anyday...

da Mafia

xcd 35 .. with dell its no possibility to get next upgrade so please check the version of the android with xcd 35..

i will not suggest to buy any android phone which do not has Android 2.2 or latest version as with 2.2 you can install the apps in sd card

Optimus One. Better phone. YOu can overclock it to 700 MHZ for a small performance upgrade.
    Follow me on Twitter:http://twitter.com/wuodland

Have a look at my Photography page: http://bit.ly/N2aMTi

sam
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by aakashdave11 View Post
    Would suggest go for ZTE blade if you are getting from a known source....
    but warranty would be a issue and an important one......
    Maybe u can get one with an AMOLED screen ...this combo totally outshines the O1 sans the warranty issue........
    Blade is best bet with 2.2 but that means taking risk & with no warranty. if something goes wrong, end price of repairing such a mobile will cross 15k easily.

Quote Originally Posted by aakashdave11 View Post
    O1 ha battery issues and UI is crappy as always whereas blade gives u almost Vanilla Android
    batter issue? really? well sad to say but most members are getting 2days+ battery life. i browser net using WiFi (battery eater) at college almost half of the day & listen to 3hrs of music and play games a bit. and by evening time i am usually left with 70-72% charge. so still saying battery is bad?

about the UI, simply replace it with launcher pro. any kind of crappiness will vanish instantly. also most will go for a new launcher once they use vanilla android. also LG just added their own launcher & a few bloatwares (some comes handy though). nothing else.

PS: i am using void i.e. a custom rom & at stock speed. so with LG's rom one should get 2days of backup, which for an Android mobile should be considered above average.

Blade is best bet with 2.2 but that means taking risk & with no warranty. if something goes wrong, end price of repairing such a mobile will cross 15k easily.
    Not worth the hassle and tension. 15 k is a lot.

Optimus One is becoming quite a phone at its price. Great Phone. Just about perfect.
    I have reccomended this phone in umpteen threads.

sam
    Forum Moderator

i mean mobile + repair = 15k. & without 2.2/2.3, Optimus One is slightly better at same price (10k). at least LG has repaired/replaced the mobiles that died cause of user's will to go XDA's route.

yes, balanced mobile. last such mobile were Nokia 523* series & Galaxy 5 (priceerformance:feature).

so it seems people who want to experiment can do it in a tension free way with O1.

O1 is really good phone.

Banned

I don't understand the complaints of LG's UI. Most of the UI of theO1 is vanilla Android. LG has just tweaked it in a very few places like the Main menu. The Gallery, Music Player, etc. are left untouched.

Compare that to the Touchwiz of Samsung which heavily customises every corner of Android.

Bumping this as I am in the same boat as OP was.

Budget is 10k and will be using the phone for chatting, browsing and maybe tinkering around with custom ROMs.

The situation with the XCD35 is that all new units come shipped with 512MB RAM and 2.2 Froyo as confirmed by buyers. I am inclined towards the XCD because of its larger resolution and that it looks better.

I have also read that Optimus One has dust accumulation problems. Apart from that it is a pretty good phone.

The modding ability does not matter as I may not switch from stock ROM after all (due to lack of time) and from what I have read, the XCD35 does have its share of custom ROMs too.

Any suggestions on which ones to pick? Will I regret buying the XCD35?
    Neo TDF > TDF 6.5
    Ignorance of FORUM RULES is no defence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast