The LG Optimus One Thread - Page 70

Page 70 of 155 FirstFirst ... 20 50 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 90 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4621
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The LG Optimus One Thread

Default Re: The LG Optimus One Thread

for battery life,
    -keep your brightness low when indoors.
    -shift to custom rom+kernel(if on stock rom)
    -switch off background data
    -switch off sync when not needed
    -keep ur overclock within acceptable limits. Using smartass instead of performance governor. It gives better benchmarks and throttles down the freq when load is less or on standby
    -avoid google maps. It runs in the background unknowingly at times. Ive uninstalled it for good
    -if still not getting acceptable battery backup, make sure u calibrate ur battery. First wipe battery stats from the recovery and reinstall kernel and again wipe the battery stats. Then charge the battery completely and use. Else use battery calibration app from the market

ppl looking to get a new phone in the mid range shud wait a little. Im hoping the xiaomi MIUI phone will release here. It will drive prices down of other phones too.

Optimus one was and still is a very good phone....
    Andy's Rom will be the ultimate ROM and a worthy ROM to this phone. If andy's word is to be believed(which I do) this rom has been tweaked as much as possible. So I dont think there will be any other GB ROM to compete. I doubt tht development will be as fierce as it was before. O1 XDA forum has gone thanda after dr.notors issue. Hopefully ICS will revive some enthusiasm.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    AMD Athlon II X4 630 | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | 4 GB DDR3 1333 Corsair | CM Hyper 212 EVO | 1TB WD Blue | 500GB Seagate | SAPPHIRE HD 6850 | NZXT Gamma | Seasonic 500 Watt | Samsung 19" LCD | Google Nexus 4 16GB | Google Nexus 7 16GB

^^ Ah! Good tips! Applied some of those. Lets see how it fares. Thanks.
    Last edited by TechnoFan; 16-09-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Galaxy SIi has a super-smooth browsing experience, unparalled by even the best phones from Android, Apple and WP7...

Samsung is using GPU hardware acceleration to make browsing experience better. What they do is, once the webpage loads, the phone immediately caches it. Then, GPU is used to display it instead of the CPU. Also, pinch to zoom in the browser is not a real-time redraw of all the pixels. The MALI-400 GPU is used for that, and it is awesome...!

See: AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined

The Mali-400 isn't a unified shader architecture, it has discrete execution hardware for vertex and fragment (pixel) processing. ARM calls the Mali-400 a multicore GPU with configurations available with 1 - 4 cores. When ARM refers to a core however it's talking about a fragment (pixel shader) processor, not an entire GPU core.
    Like the original Galaxy S, on SGS2 samsung has made enhancements to the browser that dramatically increase smoothness. At the time we could only explain the performance increase by shrugging and claiming it was GPU accelerated. We know a bit more now about what enhancements are required to make browsing smooth in this fashion, and the answer lies in a backing store. A backing store is essentially a nice way of saying cache, and in this case what’s being cached is the rendered page itself, which is either rendered into a texture or some intermediary that’s a step above final rendering.

A backing store is what makes iOS’ browser so smooth, and you can see it render into the texture (or if you overscroll beyond the render, where it hasn’t yet) with those little grey rectangles. Render into a big texture, and then it’s a relatively free GPU operation to transform and clip that texture when a user scrolls around the page, though zooming will require a re-draw. Until Android 3.x, however, the stock Android browser hasn’t had a backing store, which is why translating around feels choppy. As a result, it has been the burden of OEMs to make their browsers feel snappy by incorporating their own backing stores. HTC works with Qualcomm to bring an appropriate level of smoothness to their devices, I already mentioned Android 3.x has one (which will no doubt carry over to Ice Cream Sandwich), and Samsung again has one this go-around in SGS2 just like they did with the original SGS.
    So how good is SGS2’s browser backing store? Very good. Far and away this is the smoothest Android 2.x browsing experience, by a large margin. The only downside to the whole thing is that the browser has 16 bit color, again undoubtedly to make this an easy texture for manipulation by the GPU. I’ve also noticed one or two times that the browser will go to a white screen instead of showing the content after it’s loaded, which to me indicates that getting the backing store always working perfectly with a big page can be a challenge - perhaps GPU memory is at a real premium when this happens. I’m told this is fixed in newer firmware editions. That said, the tradeoff is well worth it, as zooming, translating, just about everything is buttery smooth. Browser smoothness is finally basically at parity with iOS.

What’s very impressive is that Samsung even manages to keep Flash 10.3 plugins animated while panning and scrolling around, something that currently HTC temporarily halts while translating around in their browser. It’s hard to communicate just how smooth and fluid the SGS2 browser is, and I’d encourage interested parties to watch our video which demonstrates it.
    Video: Samsung Galaxy S 2 - Browser Performance and GLBenchmark - YouTube
    Daily Driver -- Galaxy Nexus Cyanogenmod 11 Nightlies

Well S2 is the best mobile currently
    but its 29k phone :/
    Dell XPS 15 || LG Optimus One - Jenkins 4.2.2 CM 10.1.2 || Sony PS2 || WD My Passport 2TB || Seagate FreeAgentGo 500 GB || Apple iNano 4gb || Sennheiser CX180

[B]What we do in life, Echoes in Eternity[/B]

Neo

why there's no thanks button here?

sam
    Forum Moderator

this is a discussion forum, not thank giving/sharing one

also most members are against it.

Right Off the Assembly Line

Red face Re: The LG Optimus One Thread

After sticking to 4 months on lg stock rom (Now 2.3.3, worst Gb update ever for a good phone), I have decided to Root my Op1, but Guys help me out by referring those roms, kernels etc etc for my use

Please tell me the good roms, kernels, recoveries and whatever
    other things i am missing right now for optimus 1 (will be
    flashing the rom for 1st time)

< PS > : My basic necessity is A Solid battery Back up ( I mostly
    spend my time surfing through WiFi and I cant help it )

ΣΣ Most stable only
    and also satisfies gamING NEED but i dont wanaa OC it that
    much so that the hardware gets blown or misfunctioned

ΣΣ and please if there us something there to stop the unnecessary
    apps running in the BACKground especially Gmaps, EVERYONE HATES ITTT

ΣΣ just provide the list for the stable gingerbread ROMS AND other
    compatible with it

WHAT I'VE TO BACK UP so that if any thing goes wrong ,I can restore it and fool those LG guys to repair my phone

i have now new custom 2.3.3 ROM from Lg (its raping my battery
    backup) so I dont think I'll be needing to flash the new baseband
    to get gprs working

Sorry for being so thorough but you would understand it 'cause I
    AmmA N00B And dont wanna turm my phone to a plastic BRICK

ITS NOT BAD TO BE CAUTIOUS

Who stole my Alpaca! FilledVoid's Avatar

My father needed a phone and he insisted on staying to a minimal budget as possible and wanted quite a bit of features . So we ended up getting the LG Optimus One . Bought it from QRS Kottayam and costs around 9400 with a discount coupon which we got for Rs 1100 for buying a new vehicle. (Chevrolet Tavera) Will post pictures and a small review although I'd out anyone would need one of those here .
    The Ultimate Chess Strategy : "Hit Hard, Hit Fast and Hit Often"

I had have flashed my phone with CM7 6.5.7 but I haven't flashed a kernel or anything really. My present Kernel version is 2.6.32.42-franco.Kernel.v18 milk@mik-desktop #7. I 'm planning to move to a better, optimized and an improved battery life kernel. Few queries:

1) Sam, IINM you are using 19.4BFS by Franco. Would you recommend moving to it? How's it performance and battery life?
    2) There are two version of franco.Kernel; CFS and BFS. What are these exactly and how they differ and which one is better?
    3) Are my steps for flashing franco. kernel correct?: a) Download the franco.Kernel and move the zip to SD card. b) Power Off the phone and boot into recovery by holding Volume down + Home + Power button simultaneously. c) Select Wipe cache partition and then Advanced > Wipe battery stats. I don't need to "Wipe Date/Factory Reset", right? d) Select install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard. Flash and then reboot.
    4) After flashing with new kernel, I'm thinking of calibrating my battery but there are plethora of ways of doing the same over the internet which is leaving me all confused. How to calibrate battery properly?

Also there are some apps that came per-installed with CM7 such as Books, Car Home, etc. I don't need them. How can I remove them?
    Last edited by TechnoFan; 17-09-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Simply a DIGITian krishnandu.sarkar's Avatar

lol @ milk

1. Yeah, I'd recommend you to move to v19.4

2. BFS = Brain Fu*k scheduler
    CFS = Completely Fair Scheduler

In one line, CFS is more multitasking and BFS is for perfomance.

3. Yes, you are right. You don't need to wipe data as you are already on GB. But if you face problem or stuck on CM7 logo after flashing, flash again with wipe data.

You can go through the process you stated or can use ROM Manager to do everything in favour of you

Nothing comes pre-installed. Those are included in GAPPS that you flashed.

You can remove them easily as you are on GB. I'd recommend to you Titanium Backup.
    • Read The Forum RULES First.
    • Before PM'ing Or Asking Any Questions To Any Mod Read The FAQ's
    • Before Starting A New Thread Read The STICKY THREADS First
    • Before Participating In Bazaar Section Read The BAZAAR RULES

sam
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoFan View Post
    1) Sam, IINM you are using 19.4BFS by Franco. Would you recommend moving to it? How's it performance and battery life?
    standby time is excellent. can get out 2.5days.
    browsing doesn't taxes battery life a lot.
    smooth @ 748/480Mhz smoothass v2.

2) There are two version of franco.Kernel; CFS and BFS. What are these exactly and how they differ and which one is better?
    have read that BFS is better for interaction & single app use. have not tried any CFS kernel yet.

3) Are my steps for flashing franco. kernel correct?: a) Download the franco.Kernel and move the zip to SD card. b) Power Off the phone and boot into recovery by holding Volume down + Home + Power button simultaneously. c) Select Wipe cache partition and then Advanced > Wipe battery stats. I don't need to "Wipe Date/Factory Reset", right? d) Select install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard. Flash and then reboot.
    yes. just flash it.

Dual / Multi boot possible with options to select Rom at Boot ?

Yes, saw something like that over XDA. Search it.

flashed franco.Kernel 19.4 CFS

Guys i'm using void forever... i wish to move to CM7... Since flashing new ROM will format the phone. Its really a tough job to install all the apps again! I have a doubt...
    1) Will the Apps installed on SD card will work on new ROM?
    2) How to backup & restore apps installed in ROM?
    Pl advice..

In Void Forever... gmaps is not starting automatically!!
    Android Device: LG Optimus One P500 (June,2011 make)

1. No.

2. You can take backup of current apps with Titanium Backup. And restore them in CM7.

Thanks krish,

i have taken the backup with Titanium Backup... but after flashing cm7 Titanium Backup app will also be removed... so after reinstall it from market, will it recognize the backed up data stored in the SD card?

Yes, saw something like that over XDA. Search it
    For O1 ?

guys looking to flash a new ROM. Wait till sunday....andy is releasing what is gonna be arguably the best ROM for o1 till date. So hold ur horses and enjoy andy's goodness within 48 hrs!
    AMD Athlon II X4 630 | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | 4 GB DDR3 1333 Corsair | CM Hyper 212 EVO | 1TB WD Blue | 500GB Seagate | SAPPHIRE HD 6850 | NZXT Gamma | Seasonic 500 Watt | Samsung 19" LCD | Google Nexus 4 16GB | Google Nexus 7 16GB

sam
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tmanikandan View Post
    For O1 ?
    yes. i have seen too.

Quote Originally Posted by chandrudme View Post
    i have taken the backup with Titanium Backup... but after flashing cm7 Titanium Backup app will also be removed... so after reinstall it from market, will it recognize the backed up data stored in the SD card?
    save the titanium backup folder in your PC, if you wish to erase the memory card fully. later restore folder & titanium backup will show all the backup apps.

Quote Originally Posted by guru_urug View Post
    guys looking to flash a new ROM. Wait till sunday....andy is releasing what is gonna be arguably the best ROM for o1 till date. So hold ur horses and enjoy andy's goodness within 48 hrs!
    waiting for it since months.

thanks sam.

i was just thinking if its possible to hack the h/w of this phone.. like if i replace the camera with a nokia 3 or 5 mp camera. my sister has a c2-01 nokia whih has 3.2 mp camera. so i was thinking to replace my phone's camera with that one.. is it possible ? wat r the things that i hav to keep in mind ?

h/w is diff..i know.. bt just wanna try..
    can anhyone tell me how much of max. mp camera lgO1 will support ? like what abt 5 mp camera.. will the h/w support it ??
    Device: LG OptimusOne P500
    ROM: ICS CM9-TINYLIGHT by HepHappy
    Kernel: stock (no oc)
    CR: Amon_Ra Thunderg v3.0.6
    [B][URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/aug.kol"]Kolkata Android Users Group[/URL][/B]

sam
    Forum Moderator

Qualcomm MSM7227 specs:

Support for Android, Symbian S60, Windows Mobile, BREW
    HSDPA/HSUPA support
    600 MHz applications processor
    Support for WVGA displays
    GPS
    Bluetooth 2.1
    Hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
    Support for 8MP cameras
    if the camera will work, its upto you to test & decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Qualcomm MSM7227 specs:

Support for Android, Symbian S60, Windows Mobile, BREW
    HSDPA/HSUPA support
    600 MHz applications processor
    Support for WVGA displays
    GPS
    Bluetooth 2.1
    Hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
    Support for 8MP cameras

if the camera will work, its upto you to test & decide.
    hmm. so it supports 8mp camera. i think the prob will be fixing the resolution and lib files.. gonna buy a second hand nokia with 5 mp.. how is the x2 camera.. feedback is not good about it..

will it support symbian anna ??
    Device: LG OptimusOne P500
    ROM: ICS CM9-TINYLIGHT by HepHappy
    Kernel: stock (no oc)
    CR: Amon_Ra Thunderg v3.0.6
    [B][URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/aug.kol"]Kolkata Android Users Group[/URL][/B]

Thanks for the reply krishnandu and Sam. Last question before flashing kernel: Does flashing kernel formats phone memory and/or memory card?

Quote Originally Posted by krishnandu.sarkar View Post
    Nothing comes pre-installed. Those are included in GAPPS that you flashed.
    You can remove them easily as you are on GB. I'd recommend to you Titanium Backup.
    I don't see any option to uninstall app using Titanium backup? Where's it?

4) After flashing with new kernel, I'm thinking of calibrating my battery but there are plethora of ways of doing the same over the internet which is leaving me all confused. How to calibrate battery properly?
    Anyone?

Neo

Thanks for the reply krishnandu and Sam. Last question before flashing kernel: Does flashing kernel formats phone memory and/or memory card?
    No. Nothing gets wiped on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by gmg9 View Post
    i was just thinking if its possible to hack the h/w of this phone.. like if i replace the camera with a nokia 3 or 5 mp camera. my sister has a c2-01 nokia whih has 3.2 mp camera. so i was thinking to replace my phone's camera with that one.. is it possible ? wat r the things that i hav to keep in mind ?

h/w is diff..i know.. bt just wanna try..
    can anhyone tell me how much of max. mp camera lgO1 will support ? like what abt 5 mp camera.. will the h/w support it ??
    You are kidding, right?
    Changing the camera. And then the libs and all for it to work. This will take too much time with an 80% chance of bricking the phone.

maybe its possible.But not for us.

Quote Originally Posted by guru_urug View Post
    Wow. So the date came afterall.

and there's Ice-cream sandwich coming in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by gmg9 View Post
    hmm. so it supports 8mp camera. i think the prob will be fixing the resolution and lib files.. gonna buy a second hand nokia with 5 mp.. how is the x2 camera.. feedback is not good about it..

will it support symbian anna ??
    It can support Anna. Only if someone ports it.

Memory Card - No
    Phone Memory - Yes. The ROM will be installed there only. So it'll erase Phone Memory.

I don't see any option to uninstall app using Titanium backup? Where's it?
    Tap a particular app, and the option to backup, uninstall, restore will appear.

upgraded to official Indian gingerbread using kdz just like i did froyo.
    gb ROM is quite good
    performance wise, its awesome!
    note it plays mp4 in the default player. also plays sd video in default player. they definitely fixed that problem.
    battery life is great too.
    how do i get the dsp manager now?
    My profile on deviant art || www.niku4186.deviantart.com
    Artwork thread on Digit || http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/147200-artwork-thread.html
    PLAYSTATION FANBOY || PSN: niku4186

sam
    Forum Moderator

Phone Memory - Yes. The ROM will be installed there only. So it'll erase Phone Memory.
    are you sure installing kernel will erase phone memory? cause apps won't get erased. i doubt if contacts will get deleted.

Memory Card - No
    I just flashed my phone with that kernel. No, nothing get erased..neither phone memory nor contacts. Phone is running comparatively faster now with no lag whatsoever(previously it used to lag a little).

Tap a particular app, and the option to backup, uninstall, restore will appear.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

How's this? : Battery Calibration - Android Market ; Calibrate Your Battery The Easy Way With “Battery Calibration” for Android | xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by royal.tarun View Post
    and there's Ice-cream sandwich coming in about a month.
    I hope using ROM, O1 users can upgrade to Ice-cream sandwich. Don't think it will be released for this device(?).

Thanks for updating.

Page 70 of 155 FirstFirst ... 20 50 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 90 120 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 31-12-2013, 04:02 PM
  2. 17-10-2013, 03:40 PM
  3. 06-09-2013, 03:34 AM
  4. 07-08-2013, 01:47 AM
  5. 23-07-2013, 09:55 PM
  6. 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM
  7. 19-05-2013, 08:48 PM
  8. 17-05-2013, 07:28 PM
  9. 11-05-2013, 03:55 PM
  10. 28-04-2013, 07:22 PM
  11. 07-04-2013, 06:24 PM