Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: DVD drive not detecting DVD
08-06-2006, 04:09 AM #1
DVD drive not detecting DVD
i have a SONY DVD RW DW-Q120A.
(1) i recently got a few ps2 dvds. thot i'd play them using an emu. but none of them are getting detected though one of them showed up in nero as 4XXX mb. i had a samsung combo-drive (dunno model) too. all of 'em got detected in that. i used Nero info-tool and found out tht my drive does not support CD+G, DVD-RAM (& BD, HD DVD). can someone plz tell me whats happening
(2) stuff gets copied reaaallllly fast on my sony drive. the sony drive supports a max read/write 40/48x and has a buffer of 2mb whereas the samsung drive supports speeds of upto 52x and has a buffer of 8mb. hows tht possible (or was i imagining things)?
(3) since my sony drive supports only a max speed of 40/48x (i'm not really sure which), dos tht mean tht cd's written at higher speeds will be unreadable on my drive?
(4) is it legal to use a ps2 emu even if i hav a legit copy?
Last edited by MegaD3th3K; 08-06-2006 at 04:11 AM.
08-06-2006, 04:49 AM #2
Re: DVD drive not detecting DVD
1. Well, firstly upgrade your drives firmware to the latest version available from cdfreaks.com/drive or cdrinfo.com . I doubt there is a sane PS2 emulator around so its pretty much useless if they are getting detected or not. What Nero info tools shows would be correct.
2. Dont go by the speed the drive is labelled as. Practical Read/write speeds are quite different that what they are marketted as. Remember the Creative 48x and 52x CdRoms in late 90's? What does the Samsung 8MB buffer do with no significant performance increase has been a question for everyone in the past. Run the Nero Drive Speed test to check actual speeds.
3. All the newer drives support/read discs written even at a higher speed than they max support. It was just that older drives wouldnt read discs which were written at higher speeds than what they support.
4. Well mebbe yes if you get a emulator playing your favorite game nicely.You could think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to stop thinking.
By yoursnayak in forum Software Q&AReplies: 2Last Post: 18-02-2008, 12:43 PM
By realdan in forum Software Q&AReplies: 2Last Post: 24-01-2008, 01:56 PM
By bholu in forum Software Q&AReplies: 2Last Post: 21-02-2006, 06:51 PM
By aditya169 in forum Software Q&AReplies: 24Last Post: 24-06-2005, 08:16 AM
By doulos in forum PeripheralsReplies: 2Last Post: 16-02-2005, 09:01 PM