Results 1 to 1 of 1
04-03-2012, 06:21 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
Please help me answer this maths question
1.A bag contains printed articles of 4 different kinds: periodicals, novellas, newspapers and notebooks. When 4 articles are drawn from the bag without replacement, the following events are equally likely:
What is the smallest number of articles in the bag satisfying these conditions?
- the selection of 4 periodicals
- the selection of 1 novella and 3 periodicals
- the selection of 1 newspaper, 1 novella and 2 periodicals and
- the selection of 1 article of each kind
D. More than 46
2. The figure below is the map of a part of a city. The small rectangles are blocks and the spaces in between are streets. Each morning, a student walks from intersection A to intersection B along the streets shown and always walking east or south. For variety, at each intersection where he has a choice, he tosses a fair coin and goes east if it comes up heads and south otherwise. What is the probability that on any given morning, he walks through intersection c?
Last edited by mkerala; 04-03-2012 at 06:35 PM.
By mandar5 in forum GamerzReplies: 3Last Post: 25-08-2009, 10:19 PM
By mrintech in forum QnA (read only)Replies: 7Last Post: 28-01-2009, 07:00 PM
By arnab2kool in forum QnA (read only)Replies: 10Last Post: 13-09-2007, 06:26 PM
By Harvik780 in forum Software Q&AReplies: 4Last Post: 17-05-2007, 07:29 PM
By ganesh_2218 in forum GamerzReplies: 1Last Post: 29-06-2006, 12:00 PM