Micromax A50 ANDROID DUAL SIM@ Rs.4999 : Should i buy this?

Thread: Micromax A50 ANDROID DUAL SIM@ Rs.4999 : Should i buy this?

Smile Micromax A50 ANDROID DUAL SIM@ Rs.4999 : Should i buy this?

Guys, i want to buy a android cheap & best mobile. Can anybody tell me hows micromax A50 ?

Micromax A50 Superfone Ninja Specification :

3.1 inch capacitive touch screen
    Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
    Artificial Intelligence Speech Handset Assistance, AISHA like SIRI
    Dual SIM
    3G
    Wi-Fi, GPRS connectivity, Bluetooth
    2.0 MP Rear Camera
    Gravity Sensor
    Memory storage capacity expandable Up to 32 GB
    Micromax A50 Superfone Ninja Price in India Rs 4,999

Details: Micromax announces A50 Superfone Ninja, takes on Siri with AISHA | AndroidOS.in
    Popular Gadget Deals
    ►► ◄◄

The specs of this phone matches with the price of the device. So don't expect this to b4 a revolutionary product.
    I will give you a bare minimum which every Android should have to enjoy it.
    600 Mhz processor,
    3.2" screen,
    1500 mAh battery

Article doesn't mention battery. Which is a crucial element for an Android phone.

Conclusion: buy it only of you want features from the exhaustive choices of apps from the market.
    But of you want an "experience" of Android, then wait for sometime, collect twice the budget and buy a good branded mobile.
    My Nexus 7 and Guide to Rooting: http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/178938-nexus-7-thread-rooting-dual-booting-ubuntu-touch-10-steps.html
    My Boring Website: http://vineetkumar.me | My not so boring FB Geek Page: www.fb.com/geeksworld

Default Re: Micromax A50 ANDROID DUAL SIM@ Rs.4999 : Should i buy this?

Looks very good for its price. But again with a slower processor.
    [URL="http://saswat23.blogspot.com"]My Blog[/URL]

Only if, you are comfortable listening to the comment from your friends "Huh, china ka maal"
    The processor is horrible at 650Mhz, its like a Mercedes with a Maruti 800's Engine (You know what I mean?), it'll make you weep hard after a few days of use as it'll start lagging.

Better buy a branded phone unless you have lot of money to blow.

Quote Originally Posted by kool View Post
    Guys, i want to buy a android cheap & best mobile
    Brother, cheap and best never make a happy couple.
    Its either cheap, or best.
    Coz cheap can never be the best and best never comes cheap, if you know what I mean.

sam
    Forum Moderator

AISHA. WTH !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    AISHA. WTH !!!
    Tomorrow we'll have Lava with "AISH" and then GFive with "HAISHA"

Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Tomorrow we'll have Lava with "AISH" and then GFive with "HAISHA"
    ha ha.

I'm using Nokia 5230 wanted to buy a android set as my all frnds have ANDROID and iPhone which supports VIBER appliaction which can makes free calls anywhere in world viber to viber over 2G/3G. so want to know will this mobile support such apps? And i'm used to Nokia Screen resolution, it wont create any strain on EYE. but Samsung galaxy (Rs.8000 wala) screen hurt my eyes, dont know why..!!
    ►► ◄◄

ha ha.

I'm using Nokia 5230 wanted to buy a android set as my all frnds have ANDROID and iPhone which supports VIBER appliaction which can makes free calls anywhere in world viber to viber over 2G/3G. so want to know will this mobile support such apps? And i'm used to Nokia Screen resolution, it wont create any strain on EYE. but Samsung galaxy (Rs.8000 wala) screen hurt my eyes, dont know why..!!
    Why don't you look for other Android devices?
    Samsung Galaxy aath hazaar wala is not the only android phone in the world, is it?, there are plenty of them from HTC, Motorola, Sony etc.,
    Go to gsmarena.com and have a look at the available devices.

I have no idea of viber as I use BlackBerry (and love it!), but am damn sure nokia will have a similar app (you may have to hunt hard for it though?)

The only thing that's bad about Android is the battery life, can't complaint much as touchscreen batteries always suffer from loose motions, you may end up charging twice or maybe thrice in a day with your data set to 'ON' mode.

The only thing that's bad about Android is the battery life, can't complaint much as touchscreen batteries always suffer from loose motions, you may end up charging twice or maybe thrice in a day with your data set to 'ON' mode.
    Now, those are some harsh claims. Agree that a battery is a week point in Androids. But what you mentioned is not true.

My phone has a 1500 mAh battery. And with the custom ROM, I get a superb battery life. Phone's cycle of full discharge is something between 24 to 48 hours depending on the usage. And I keep my data "ON" all the time.

Still, it can't be compared with Nokia phones, for whom battery is a specialty
    Anyway, I already mentioned about battery life to OP in my previous post.
    My Nexus 7 and Guide to Rooting: http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/178938-nexus-7-thread-rooting-dual-booting-ubuntu-touch-10-steps.html
    My Boring Website: http://vineetkumar.me | My not so boring FB Geek Page: www.fb.com/geeksworld

sam
    Forum Moderator

even Nokia touch screen mobiles needs to be charged frequently if you keep browsing. i doubt it'll have any affect on a Nokia mobile if we keep data on. there are hardly any services running the background that will use the data connection and cause battery drain.

Right Off the Assembly Line

The Processor of A50 is a bit less powered so the phone might not be a real ninja but at this price, the PHONE sounds is a perfect phone for people looking for low priced smart phones. Read more - Micromax A50 Android powered Dual Sim Phone

aisha- fail on 2g and 3g is expensive...
    be ready to charge your phone everyday as micromax do not focus much on power efficiency so expect a talktime of just 4hrs...
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 |Asus EAH4350 HD| WD blue 500GB | Intel DG41RQ | 2GB DDR2 | HP DVD-RW | Creative 2.1 | SAMATRON 55V |
    HP Pavilion G4-> AMD A4 3300MX | 6480G
    steam id- pramudit
    [URL="http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/151503-diy-coil-gun.html"]My coil Gun[/URL]

i too use 5230 with bsnl and airtel 3g very good battery backup i charged fully then used for browsing whole day till battery drained to one bar didnt charged,left the phone at home for 2 days(as i had to go out for work) then came home today and its still 1 bar battery nokia has very good battery backup ...
    On TDF after a loooo...nng time!

Only if, you are comfortable listening to the comment from your friends "Huh, china ka maal"
    The processor is horrible at 650Mhz, its like a Mercedes with a Maruti 800's Engine (You know what I mean?), it'll make you weep hard after a few days of use as it'll start lagging.

Better buy a branded phone unless you have lot of money to blow.

Brother, cheap and best never make a happy couple.
    Its either cheap, or best.
    Coz cheap can never be the best and best never comes cheap, if you know what I mean.
    not always...you dont need to worry as long as you know how to tinker it out and extract best out of these mobiles.
    I myself migrated from samsung i5800(INR 12800) to Spice Mi-350N(INR 7200) and never faced any lag with it despite of 100+ apps installed already. I did use customized rom, launcher, removed system apps, chainfire 3d etc.

Firecracker to the moon theserpent's Avatar

Stay away from these cheap brands-I read in tdf..Save a bit more and get Galaxy Y

get this save 1k more and get this
    Latest Samsung Galaxy Y Android 2.3 gingerbread 3G+free 2GB MEMORY CARD | eBay
    Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by pkkumarcool View Post
    i too use 5230 with bsnl and airtel 3g very good battery backup i charged fully then used for browsing whole day till battery drained to one bar didnt charged,left the phone at home for 2 days(as i had to go out for work) then came home today and its still 1 bar battery nokia has very good battery backup ...
    bro..... NOKIA battery is awesome than any other mobile phone. and recently bought 1430mah battery for nokia 5230. m fully satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by serpent16 View Post
    Stay away from these cheap brands-I read in tdf..Save a bit more and get Galaxy Y

get this save 1k more and get this
    Latest Samsung Galaxy Y Android 2.3 gingerbread 3G+free 2GB MEMORY CARD | eBay
    Is there any android mobile with good screen like nokia 5230 has. I've used galaxy Y. its screen light and fonts gives pain to my eyes, cant read news site for long time.
    ►► ◄◄

bro..... NOKIA battery is awesome than any other mobile phone. and recently bought 1430mah battery for nokia 5230. m fully satisfied with it.

Is there any android mobile with good screen like nokia 5230 has. I've used galaxy Y. its screen light and fonts gives pain to my eyes, cant read news site for long time.
    do check LG optimus net P690, its screen is very crisp, vibrant and the best I've seen in entry models.

Alpha Geek
    26.6932 n , 88.423 s. Locate me on google maps

i think HTC Explorer have best screens in low ranges. but yes its costlier .

also can anybody confirm if its really a dual SIM phone ?

Active on Several Forums kartikoli's Avatar

Buy A75 and install custom rom

on stock rom its pathetic but on custom rom if you hide micromax from the screen then it is equally placed to same category phones with really big screen

Right Off the Assembly Line rikkuartz's Avatar

its a great phone at that price.. some quick unbox videos are available on youtube.

but dont expect it to work like siri.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 27-11-2012, 03:52 PM