- Digit Top10
Featured Hot Dealspowered byRs. 4000Rs. 16000Rs. 11000Rs. 6000Rs. 7000Rs. 5500Rs. 9000Rs. 7500Rs. 39000Rs. 7000
Tariff plans to be published in newspapers every six months: TRAI
The Telecom Regulation Authority of India (TRAI) has asked the telecom operators to publish their tariff plans in the newspapers in a move that is likely to reduce some problems faced subscribers and also ensure transparency. The regulatory body has of late come up with various consumer-friendly guidelines. It recently asked the telecom operators to provide call, SMS and data usage details to the pre-paid customers. The body also criticised the operators for levying extra charges during festival days.
The regulator said that the tariffs must be published in at least one regional and one English newspaper. It also directed the operators to publish the tariffs every six months. The TRAI has further asked the operators to publish tariffs in a specific format, which differentiates between pre-paid and post-paid plans, and helps easy comparison.
"Companies must submit publication compliance report to TRAI. All points of sale, telco sites will display tariff plans. Information on telcos' Websites must be updated at all times," TRAI said. The regulator also highlighted that the tariff information at points of sale (telcos' service stations) must be updated on quarterly basis.
- Prepaid mobile users to be provided call, SMS, data usage details: TRAI
- TRAI directs telcos to overhaul customer care mechanism
- BSNL joins 3G roaming pact row, accuses telcos of illegally adding subscribers
- DoT to monitor software used by mobile phone companies: Report
- Madras High Court issues notice to telecom operators on SMS rate hikes [Update]
- TRAI to recommend blocking lost, stolen mobile phones
Source: Business Today
Recommended StoriesPut your views on... quick poll
FREE DownloadsIBM DB2 Express-C 10.1.2
It is the free edition of DB2 database for Linux, Windows, Solaris,......