- Digit Top10
Mobile Hot Deals AdvertisementRs. 14500Rs. 7500Rs. 4000Rs. 11000Rs. 2500Rs. 4000Rs. 6000Rs. 10000Rs. 4500Rs. 35000
Lava Xolo X900: First Impressions
It is finally here! The Intel processor powered smartphone from Lava has arrived in our test center, exactly a handful of minutes back.
The Lava Xolo X900 has all the potential on paper, but does it translate into performance?
Here are a few of our initial thoughts.
- Straightaway, it feels premium to hold and use. The build quality justifies the price tag. At around 130 grams, this isn’t very heavy either, but that is helped by the slim design and minimalistic bezel.
- The 4.03-inch display has a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels, but what really impressed us was the combination of text crispness and adequate colour punch. The resolution is on the higher side, which makes the crispness bit very critical. We say it time and again that the AMOLED family of displays has the maximum colour punch, but this humble LCD does have its own solid points. Has the Gorilla Glass treatment as well.
- Comes with Android 2.3.7 preloaded, which is a bit disappointing. We would have expected Android ICS on what is essentially a high-end device, but Lava has confirmed that the ICS update will be available soon. However, we will believe it when we see it.
- The rubberized finish on the battery cover is a thoughtful touch, and will be helpful in gripping on a warm sweaty day. There is chrome frame running around the spine of the phone, sort of a frame. Micro USB port for charging on the bottom, while the right spine has the volume rocker, micro SIM slot and the camera key. Towards the bottom of either spine are the dual speakers. The left spine has the micro HDMI port. Power key and the 3.5mm jack on the top. When placed flat down, the phone rests on the 8MP camera.
- The X900 has 16GB internal memory. Speaking of hardware specs, include an Intel Atom Z2460 SoC which includes a 1.6GHz Saltwell CPU (single core) with Hyper-Threading, and the PowerVR SGX540 GPU clocked at 400MHz, and 1GB of 32-bit dual channel LPDDR2 memory.
Just to give you an idea of the power, we have compared the benchmarks of the Lava Xolo X900 with the most powerful Android phone we had tested till now, the HTC One X as well as a bunch of phones starting from Rs. 22,000 in the market. This is just to give you an idea of these phones stack up against each other, within a considerably wide price bracket.
The Lava Xolo has a box price of Rs. 25,999. You will also get an idea of how phones of today compare with the ones of a few months back (or in the smartphone world timeline – the previous generation!)
We will have a detailed review of this smartphone very soon. Till then, do check out this image gallery.
Listed under tags :Powered By: http://www.91mobiles.com
Recommended StoriesPut your views on... quick poll
FREE DownloadsIBM DB2 Express-C 10.1.2
It is the free edition of DB2 database for Linux, Windows, Solaris,......