Borderlands 2 coming to the Mac on November 20
Open world co-op shooter Borderlands 2 will make its debut on Apple’s Mac systems on November 20th 2012. The game is coming to the Mac 2 months after it debuted on the PC, PS3 and the Xbox 360.
Aspyr.com has released the minimum system requirements required to run the Borderlands 2. They are:
- Operating System: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2600
- Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 8800
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
Aspyr is responsible for bringing a large number of AAA gaming titles to the Mac OS and includes the likes of Civilization V and Call of Duty: Black Ops. The Mac library of games however still isn’t as large as the PC.
For those of you that are unfamiliar with the franchise, Borderlands 2 mixes the action of a first person shooter game with the skill and upgrade system of an RPG game throwing you in an open world scenario. The game is set in a cartoonish shell shaded post-apocalyptic world along with unique characters giving the game a distinct feel.
Borderlands 2 will be available on Steam and Aspyr’s GameAgent for $60, and will laterr be available on the Mac App Store. The Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty, and the Mecromancer DLC Packs will be available to gamers on launch day.
- Gearbox updates Borderlands 2 to fix sabotage exploits on the Xbox 360
- Top games to watch out for in September
- Gaming news roundup: PAX 2012, Halo 4, Tomb Raider and more
Listed under tags :